Friday 24 March 2017

Turkish/Moroccan inspired living room

  So those of you that know me know that I live in a three storey home, my house is quite compact but that didn't stop me and my husband from decorating it in our own unique way, and for a first home I think it's lovely ☺

So here's a stamp of our personality translated into one of our living ares. I just want to stress that this isn't our main living area, because we have an additional living/dining area we wanted something quirky with this room and we both had a Turkish/Moroccan theme in mind.. We love the food, the decor and recently visited Morocco which was beautiful.


The colours, patterns and style are just so unique and mesmerizing and I wanted to implement that in my home. The room itself makes me feel like I'm somewhere else, especially because we hardly use this room and it's located in an area of the house which we're not around, so it really is like a sanctuary detached from the rest of the house. 




Chandelier & Lighting 


I'm going to start with the star of the show and that is this stunning chandelier, all the way from Turkey via ebay 😆 it took a couple of weeks to arrive as expected.
Most my items in this room are from ebay, the internet hosts the world so why not search what you're looking for right at your fingertips eh?



 The lighting shines through the painted glass which won't give you such bright lighting which is usually needed for a family room that is used all the time. We added in a few spotlights just for a touch of white brightness and to make the room a little more chic. Alongside this we have a lamp, again this reflects colour too and was only brought for aesthetic purposes, it was one of those items which I seen and ran to screaming OMG this will go perfectly in our Moroccan room!! 



Spotlights
 Wallpaper from Home Image

From The Range

Table & Rug

This lamp sits on  those small stackable coffee tables, we needed something sturdy and something that functions when we need to serve snacks as our coffee table is a bit unsteady because the table top isn't attached to its legs, but its such a vintage Turkish piece of furniture.



The legs to this are so rustic and unique, I forgot to take photos of it but I will update this post and insert the image, so you can get an idea of what it actually looks like. From the angle in the photo it doesn't look like much, but that's not the case in person. Again this piece is from eBay.

The rug (which I'm sure you've seen 100 times over) is from ikea.




Curtain and Cushions


So when I first had the image of how I wanted this room I knew straight away it was an array of colourful cushions which interpret Morocco & Turkey in my room. I wanted different sizes, bright and bronze shades as well as different designs. To my luck I found all of that, again through eBay. My beautiful cushions sit against a neutral sofa that gives the room serious personality. 




My curtains are probably unnoticeable when you look at the room as a whole, probably because the way the lighting sits in that room it dulls the ends of the window out, however it is probably the most priciest furnishing in the whole room.

Curtain & Holdbacks - Dunelm

It feels really heavy and luxurious and I love the holdbacks they're so big and dramatic, they blend perfecly with the design, they weren't included with the curtains, we brought these separate but from the same place. 




No comments:

Post a Comment