Thursday 30 March 2017

ABH Glow Kit - Nicole Guerriero Palette Vs Ultimate Glow Kit ('face' swatches)




Firstly I just want to say this post doesn't refer to the comparison of the shades in both palettes, however I do insert two pictures with the highlight on my skin so you can see the comparison of the 'glow'. This post is more on the texture of the product and which one I prefer and would work for you. 
If you've heard reviews, seen pictures you'll probably think that there's no competition really and the NG one wins hands down.. but that's not really the case 😳
Anastasia Beverly Hills has come out with many glow kits, and up till now none of them have really interested me. I've always found that I either own some of the colours in my collection or the shades don't really interest me. However that all changed when NG dropped her glow kit! Here's the little beauty if you haven't already seen it 

The shades are pretty incredible and unique. I was actually always after a peachy highlight and was in two minds about their big pan illuminators in the shade Peach Nectar but then they discontinued it, so when I seen that peach shade Daydream it really appealed to me. I was also excited about Forever Lit as I wanted a highlight with a hint of blue but didn't want to fork out on the 'Moonchild' glow kit. I seen a tutorial of someone (can't remember who 😩) do a black smokey eye with a nude lip and had a reflective blue highlight going on.. I loved it!  I'll try search for it and link it in if I do come across it again. 

You'll have noticed from swatches of this palette (they're all over the net) if you haven't seen any, that it's very pigmented and gives a high shine finish without the use of fix+ but if you're extra like me you can still use a fixing spray to apply your product (I actually set my face with fix+ then apply the highlight to my wet skin).


Here's a photo of me wearing daydream with forever lit 


What I've noticed is that it does emphasise texture on the skin, some shades more then others esp in the daylight when the suns out. I used this palette and I did notice that more then any of the highlighters I own the Anastasia Beverly Hills x Nicole Guerriero Glow Kit emphasises texture!! I'm really gutted about this, it's not too bad where you can't wear it but it is definitely noticeable, esp if you wear it in the daytime. 
This is where the Ultimate Glow Kit comes in. When you swatch the highlight shades in this palette they swatch horrible!!! They feel gritty, grainy and probably wont even show up on the skin. Yet with a little bit of work you can get such a POPPIN' highlight that looks flawless and gives the appearance of a baked highlighter such as 'Laura Geller - Gilded Honey' that it blows the Nicole Guerriero one out the water!

Here is a photo of me wearing a mixture of Golden Dawn and Snow from the Ultimate Glow Kit


I mean.. come on.. blinding or what?!! I haven't retouched this photo at all, straight from the camera roll or shall I say Snapchat roll 😜
So how do you make the Ultimate Glow Kit work for you? 
Application! At the end of your makeup, spray your face with Fix + or any other setting mist you have, and use a densely packed brush. The brush really makes a hugeeeee difference. Not only with this but with my other highlighters too. I used to use the 'Zoeva 105 Luxe Highlight Brush'. It's a domed shape brush so if you're using anything like that or a fan brush, put them tools down!! You need something that's similar to the ABH highlight brush, I ain't going to fork out for that so I used a tried and tested affordable Real Techniques Setting Brush!!! 
(I'm actually getting out of bed to take a pic of this little soldier!!) 


Back to the application method.. spray your brush with a little fix+ or if you're not applying it to damp skin then be generous on spraying your brush you want it quite damp but not soaking wet. Dip into the product (I've found the top row of the Ultimate Glow Kit to work wonders with this, haven't really tried the bottom row) and then apply it and it will give the most metallic flawless sheen without emphasising any flaws or texture! 

Wearing 'White Sand' with a touch of 'Snow' from the ABH Ultimate Glow Kit

Wearing 'Glo Getter' with a touch of 'Forever Lit' from the ABH X Nicole Guerriero Glow Kit



Overall thoughts??

If you already have the Ultimate Glow Kit and it's not working for you, I hope my method really changes your thoughts on the palette. I love the finish of a baked highlight so for me I really prefer it and if you have texture on the high points I would say this does really work, only if your willing to put in that extra work but as you can see it doesn't give a subtle glow, and without a setting spray looks chalky. 
If you want something with unique colours and have flawless skin or don't mind a little bit of emphasis then I'd definitely recommend the Nicole Guerriero one. I still do love it, it's shades and pigmentation let you control the 'shine'. You can dust it on lightly for a subtle glow or build it and get the same result as the photos I've inserted using the Ultimate Glow Kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment