Monday 9 November 2015

Liquid Lipsticks: Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip Review And Swatches


























My thoughts:

At only $5 Colourpop Liquid Lipsticks are so worth it. They have such a velvety texture, more smooth and velvety then Limecrimes 'Velvetines' which also give off more of an ultra matte finish, like its name. 

However after a few hours of wear if you're not too used to matte lips this can get quite uncomfortable, and if you need to reapply then I would definitely suggest removing the whole lip and re-applying it again, or it can get very messy and uncomfortable.

The two that I have worn out is Beeper and Avenue. I was so disappointed in the shade 'beeper' as I was really looking forward to a mid toned brown nude (my fave shade) but on the lips it appeared more grey-toned on me, still it is beautiful but I just find it didn't suit me.


Avenue I wore to a wedding recently and it looked stunning! Deep burgundy red (looks darker once applied on the lips) and it lasted through eating, drinking, and didn't smear. (Picture posted below) I removed it after 5 hours of wear, it still looked effortless but was tugging on my lips a little. I wouldn't wear this one for any longer because removal made quite a mess and this shade in particular slightly transferred.


I'd like to try out a few more shades but I absolutely recommend these to a liquid lipstick lover like me, if you haven't really dabbled into liquid lipsticks then I wouldn't suggest starting out on these because they are so super matte, yet you can still use these and top it off a gloss on top if you like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment