Monday 9 November 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills (ABH) Highlighter in Riviera on Tan/ Olive /Asian/ Indian Skintones NC37-NC42

As all of you beauty addicts know that highlighters are the central of the makeup world right now, and ABH are quick to introduce their own line.

At first I read a brief comment on 'dupethat' instagram referring these as 'quite thin' it made me a bit apprehensive nonetheless I still wanted to give it a shot!




I didn't know which one to purchase, I was stuck between Riviera & Peach Nectar. Although So Hollywood is the most popular (typical gold highlighter which is a dupe of MAC - whisper of guilt/ Estee Lauder - Heatwave), I actually wasn't drawn to it, overtime I've realised I actually think more neutral toned highlighters suit my complexion. Eventually I decided I wanted Rivera it looked so unique and I didn't want anything too warm toned, 

Just going to put it out there - HANDS DOWN BEST HIGHLIGHT EVER! The formula is beautifullllll and the colour is so unique its quite cool toned but has a subtle warmth about it in some lights (pictures attached below). It's a mix of silver, tan, bronze, cool toned rose. 

Prior to trying the ABH highlighter theBalm - Mary Loumanizer was my favourite, it still is (they're both on par... I think) the texture is very pigmented, flawless and striking without looking patchy & OTT. Starlight by ABH reminds me of Mary Loumanizer, I might have to invest in it some time & try the products out side by side to compare the colours and ultimately decide which formula I prefer. Tbh I think I'm going to pick up all the shades they have to offer. So Hollywood would probably be the last one I purchase as I'm guessing it's a dupe to my Laura Geller - Gilded Honey & not far off from Becca - Champagne Pop which I was highly disappointed yuin the formula & colour. It's patchy and doesn't look a appealing as my other highlighters on the skin and It doesn't scream peach to me, hence my next purchase will be Peach Nectar - very excited to try this one out!






Photo taken in dimlight with flash

Natural light

With Flash



Sometimes lighting & flash makes it looks slightly more warm toned at certain angles on my tan/olive skin

No comments:

Post a Comment