Tuesday 12 May 2015

LA Splash Liquid Lipsticks: Lip Couture & Smitten Lip Tint Mousse

For all those that are on the liquid lipstick 'hype' here's my two cents on LA Splash's liquid lipstick

LA Splash Liquid Lipstick: Lip Couture in Ghoulish & Smitten Lip Tint Mousse in Nymphadora


Does it compare to higher end liquid lipsticks? 


Retailing at $11.98 LA Splash Lip Couture & Smitten Lip Tint Mousse leans more towards the drugstore price. So how does it compare to the likes of Stila, Kat Von D and ABH? For the price I think LA Splash have done a fantastic job, not only are  their stains very pigmented (one swipe covers the whole mouth) but it dries to a matte formula that isn't too drying nor sticky!!!! Drugstore liquid lipsticks fail on this as I find them overbearingly tacky once they've dried. The colour selection that LA Splash offers is HUGE and right on trend!!! It has so many beautiful shades to choose from including various 'kylie jenner' nude shades. 

The cons:

Unfortunately there is a con with this product, well actually with the Lip Couture more so then the liptint. At first both products have a strange smell to them, although this does eventually disappear, everytime I apply the  Lip Couture I get an awful overbearing headache, it does wear off after a while, but it was something that throws me off guard everytime I apply it. 

What's the difference between the Lip Couture & the Smitten Lip Tint Mousse?

Lip Couture -:
 Takes longer to dry
  More of a liquid consistency
  Ever so slightly more drying
            The one I have I find the smell is extremely overbearing during initial application


Which shades do I own?

Since it was my first time trying the product out, although I heard great reviews, I didn't want to jump the gun & grab a whole load of shades, I wanted to test out the formula & compare it to my other liquid lipsticks. Therefore I purchased Ghoulish & Nymphadora

Ghoulish (Lip Couture), Nymphadora (Smitten Lip Tint)


Swatches of ghoulish & nymphadora




Is LA Splash Ghoulish a dupe for Limecrime Cashmere?

I would say no they're not. They're in the same 'greige' family but Ghoulish is much darker then Cashmere for some skintones this may work better. So far I'm still trying to make this work for me as the shade is a little overbearing. probably will take me some time to step out with a grey lip. But I've mixed this with Me Now shade 18 (another talked about dupe for Cashmere) & I feel more comfortable wearing that concoction.


Lip Swatch of Nymphadora








2 comments:

  1. They say that the mousse tint flakes..is it true?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My personal experience - I didn't find any flaking at all. If anything it was unnoticeable and quite comfortable to wear x

      Delete